EBike mechanic and sales - Melbourne
REV-Bikes have been adding electric systems to regular bikes for over 10 years. We focus on high quality custom installations of hub and mid drive motors, and pride ourselves in matching the ideal system to each individual customer & bicycle.
We intimately understand electric bikes, the many reasons for using them, differences between the systems, and how to diagnose / repair them.
We even train people nationally on how to install systems, and run Supported Self-Install events for DIY-oriented customers.
About the role
Our Lead Mechanic will be an experienced cyclist and professional bike mechanic, as well being energetic and passionate, having a deep interest in getting more people onto bikes more often.
You will be a fast learner, who enjoys being efficient and likes to keep themselves busy, enjoying making things better around the place, not just on the bikes. You must be versatile, and also a practical thinking problem-solver.
As Mechanic, you will be required to undertake the following key tasks independently (following basic training):
* Bicycle servicing & repairs (professional experience required)
* Installations of motor and battery systems on bicycles, tricycles, recumbents and hand cycles
* Improvising solutions for some obscure challenges (with support)
As Workshop Manager, you will be undertaking the following:
* Occassional Customer service
* Managing general workshop organisation & cleanliness
* Assisting with stock management & ordering
Benefits and perks
Enjoy riding a different electric bike every day!
Gain access to heavily discounted prices on electric systems for your own use.
Develop your skills, with opportunities for learning in unexpected and cutting-edge ways, and be groomed for future Store Manager role.
Enjoy some flexibility around hours, to suit family / work / life balance. However, most Saturdays will be required.
Join our small and passionate team, aiming big to REVolutionise transport options in Australia.
Skills and experience
You MUST have the following skills / attributes to apply;
1. Experience undertaking bicycle building and servicing, within a professional retail environment
2. Proven lateral thinking / practical problem-solving abilities
3. Succinct & clear communication, both with team members and customers
4. Technology-friendly, able to use android tablet for POS systems, programming software, etc.
5. An open mind, to empathize with all the different reasons why people want / need an e-bike