Tour guest experience manager - Melbourne
Tour de Vines is a small, rapidly growing travel business, specialising in recreational cycling tours. With an expanding range of getaways across Australia, NZ, Asia and acting as a reseller for tours in Europe, the business has grown continuously for the last 5 years. We are experiencing rapid growth in our Australian tours and need to expand our team.
Our values are important to us, and are:
Service – we aim to surprise and delight every guest with every interaction
Honesty – with guests and each other, always
Fun – we create happiness in everything we do
Green – we are earth conscious and choose green options wherever we can
Tour de Vines is a Trip Advisor Hall of Fame winner having achieved Certificate of Excellence in 2015/16/17/18/19 & 2020. We aim to achieve this every year.
Purpose of the position: This is a critical multi facet role with plenty of scope for growth and learning. Initially the role is to ensure what our guest has booked is delivered (the tour). Hotels, meals, transport, bikes and all tour elements are booked for the guest, confirmed in writing and recorded, ensuring our guests have a seamless and fantastic tour with us and want to come back again. The ultimate goal is to have zero errors whilst a guest is on tour (eg restaurant not booked on correct date, etc). Attention to detail is paramount!
Work experience and skills
• Experience and/or formal training on Microsoft Excel and Word, with basic/intermediate skills, able to update documents, use colours, save to cloud.
• Competent use of email (or similar web based technologies), how to create an email signature, use an email client.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills are critical
• Demonstrated and proof of meticulous attention to detail
• Desire to work with and/or create processes to streamline tasks, reduce errors and improve productivity.
• Experience or some general familiarity with the concept of an organised ‘tour’ and how they work (or travel in general). Perhaps been on a tour personally or understand generally how they work in a travel context, or from the travel industry
• Strong focus on guest service
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written & conversational)
• Self-sufficient and able to work unsupervised
• Able to take direction when required
To be happy in this role you need to enjoy being super organised, creating new systems where needed (we are a young business), paying attention to the detail, and like the idea of ensuring other people (our guests) have a great time. You are excited by travel, and happy in a small business environment. You can work well to tight timeframes, have a sound work ethic and like to have fun! This role has unlimited potential to grow into other areas as the business continues to expand. Other disciplines include marketing, sales, business development, product development and we would love nothing more than for you to step into those areas.