Venus manager - Brisbane
Venue Manager and Head Barista
CAMS Cycling Collective [link removed] including Musette Café [link removed] – 25 King Street, Bowen Hills, Brisbane QLD
Award wage commensurate with skills and experience approximately $55-60,000 p.a
Join the team at CAMS Cycling Collective! The main elements of the business are indoor cycling training classes, Pilates, a mechanical repairs and servicing workshop and Musette Cafe.
Musette is a cafe in the entry of the Six Star Green Star certified, World’s tallest commercial timber building on King Street, Bowen Hills. Musette is owned by the owners of CAMS Cycling Collective, whom have been running their successful cycle coaching business for over 10 years at West End. It is no surprise that Musette has a cycling theme and many of its customers are members of CAMS. Musette offers amazing Veneziano coffee and fresh breakfast and lunch meals. Musette has a strong corporate take away customer base and a 30-seat cafe serving, breakfast and lunches 7 days a week in a modern and unique environment.
We are currently looking for a fulltime venue manager, 5 days a week. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to further develop a successful venue with a great reputation and enthusiastic team, with the support of the owners!
As the Manager you will be expected to work alongside and with a small team, performing 'hands on' duties to ensure operations are efficient, maximising productivity and profitability, along with being promoted well.
We are looking for the following qualities/skills:
- Management experience, especially in the food and beverage industry of at least 3 years.
- Experience in the food and beverage industry (breakfast and lunch preferred) of at least 5 years.
- Extensive skills in consistent coffee and beverage making, at high volume.
- Excellent knowledge of the cafe/brunch scene and a genuine love for good food, coffee and service.
- Seasonal menu development and planning for catering opportunities and events, with the Head Chef.
- A confident and professional attitude, demonstrating initiative to seek feedback and further develop the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for customer service and marketing the collective business.
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality with an eager to learn attitude for all aspects of the collective business.
- Ability to select, train and supervise staff to perform successfully in the business.
- Rostering and ensuring the efficient management of staff hours, according to the Award requirements.
- Keeping on top of ordering and stock levels whilst purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget.
- Ensuring appropriate financial operations, cash flow and preparation of takings for banking and financial reporting
- Graphic art skills preferred for various artwork eg menus, menus boards, signage, labels, flyers, promotions, etc.
- Working knowledge of IT functions eg POS, financials, ordering, rostering, reporting and general administration.
- Ensuring the appearance and cleanliness of the facilities is in alignment with 5 Star Health Standards.
- Willingness to learn broader functions of the CAMS Cycling Collective business to assist day to day operations.
You'll be working running a venue that is growing, has a great reputation and regular client base as well as being a destination during the weekends. If you think this position is for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please email your resume, cover letter and references to the Owner of the Collective Business, Cameron Hughes email@example.com [link removed]