People on Bicycles is a social enterprise aiming to get more people to ride for transport. We are based in WA and provide bicycle training to a range of people all of ages and abilities.
Our school bicycle education program is funded by the Department of Transport and supported by the Department of Education. The program aims to instruct basic bicycle handling skills and safe habits that will enable students to confidently and competently ride to school (once this is age appropriate). Our adult education program is funded by the RAC and co-hosted with local government and community groups.
We instruct any age group from Kindy to year 12 with the majority in Primary Schools, particularly year 4s. As part of our program we provide two instructors (one senior, one assistant). We also often bring bicycles and helmets to schools or sites.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Bicycle Education Instructor to join our team. As a Bicycle Education Instructor, you will be responsible for providing safe riding practices for transport and fun to children and adults as part of our Bicycle Education program at Primary and High Schools and within the community. You will inspire more people to ride a bicycle by demonstrating and teaching safe riding practices.
You will guide Assistant Bicycle Education Instructors in supporting the running of sessions and workshops. You will also use your excellent attention for detail to collect data for our evaluation.
- Instructing and teaching children and adults on safe riding practices
- Connecting with participants, clients and our team
- Identifying barriers that prevent people from cycling and addressing them
- Delivering high-quality training packages with excellence
- Collect data for evaluation purposes
- Traveling (including with equipment) through metro Perth and across WA as required
- Understanding, experience and love for teaching and instructing children and adults
- Degree or certificate (or working towards it) in teaching, sustainability, community development, health promotion or similar role
- Understanding of the benefits of cycling for transport, community, and the environment
- Ability to learn our training packages and deliver high quality and excellence
- First Aid certificate
- Working with Children Clearance
- AusCycling Community Skills Instructor certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Flexibility with working independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm to travel across WA.
- Driver’s licence and ability to drive with a trailer. Our workshop is based in South Fremantle.
Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Experience as an instructor is required.
Working Hours: This is a casual role. Candidates need to be available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and one Sunday per month.
Location: Our workshop is located in South Fremantle. We deliver training within Perth Metropolitan area, with occasional travel in regional areas in WA
Duration: Ongoing casual role
Salary rage: $28-33/ hour. Travel time from workshop is paid.
If you're passionate about cycling education and inspiring others to take up this sustainable mode of transportation while promoting healthy living habits then this position is perfect for you!
For further information please call Christina (0424080695).