Bike mechanic - Melbourne
Quality Bicycle Repairs is a repairs-only specialist workshop. Established 2009 in Surrey Hills in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, we service and repair road, mountain, cx, triathlon and commuter bikes. We do not sell bikes. We only open to customers on Monday and Friday, closed all other days to complete work without interruption! Where else can you find that!!!
About the role
The position is for an experienced bicycle mechanic who is able to undertake virtually any repair without assistance. Experience with electronic shifting systems, hydraulic disc brakes, wheel building/repair is a must, and a reasonable familiarity with shocks and suspension forks would be handy. The position will involve liaising with customers during book-in, and work completion.
Benefits and perks
Work hours and times are very flexible.
Clean spacious and comfortable working environment.
Tidy and well-organized workshop with excellent spare parts supply on hand - (no scrounging for parts), Park powered work-stands, new tools constantly added.
Close to public transport - tram and train.
Skills and experience
* Several years experience working in a busy workshop.
* Up-to-date understanding of at least two of Shimano, SRAM and Campagnolo componentry. Good wheel building/repair skills a must.
* Professional and methodical approach to repair work.
* Able to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers.
* This is a position for an experienced mechanic. Please check that you meet the above requirements. We will advertise for a trainee mechanic at a later stage.