Bike mechanic - Newcastle
We are searching for a full-time mechanic with a medium to high level of experience. All accepted applications will require a one off, onsite, 1 day trial. You do not need to have worked in a bike shop to apply for this job! We are after someone who knows and loves bikes with an enthusiasm for self-improvement whilst aiming for consistent and timely turnaround on all work. You must be personable
You must want to work with a team. You must have the desire to ride.
As the successful candidate, you will first and foremost demonstrate knowledge in bike building, repair and servicing. Additionally, your desire and ability to provide the highest level of customer service will help drive sales. You will be self-motivated and show excellent communication skills with staff and customers with a friendly and enthusiastic approach at all times. You will work both independently and as a member of our friendly and collaborative team in a dynamic, sometimes fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position (approx. 38 hours per week) and would require the successful applicant to work at least one day at the weekend. (This can potentially be discussed upon interview.) Key Responsibilities/ Skills
• Experience with all facets of servicing, building and repairing bicycles is a must
• Ability to maintain shop cleanliness and tidiness
• Retail/customer service experience
• Have an eye for detail
• Take pride in your work
• An absolute passion to be successful and lift the performance of the team
• Ability to work unsupervised;
• Be organised with the ability to efficiently time manage and prioritise tasks.
• Exceptional verbal communication skills;
• Understanding of the importance of accountability.
• Exceptional negotiation and selling skills
Remuneration Hourly pay rate, superannuation and pro-rata annual leave, according to experience and demonstrated ability. We have a generous and advantageous staff purchase scheme. Application The selection process is 2 part, consisting of an interview and a trial shift in the workshop.
To apply, please submit a detailed CV with supporting letter.
Due to the expected high number of applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted.