As the Manager Cycling you will play a lead role in developing and delivering strategies and programs to increase walking, wheeling, and riding across Western Australia. You will manage a small group of dedicated professionals who are passionate about improving access for people who ride bicycles and other active transport modes across the Perth metro and regional areas.
The Department of Transport is focused on taking active transport to the next level over the coming years. We are recruiting staff that thrive on a challenge and are keen to contribute to the future of active travel. You will contribute to new and exciting projects that have emerged from initiatives such as the Western Australian Bicycle Network Plan.
This is a currently 1 x permanent position available for immediate filling.
If you can
Apply the principles and practices of urban transport planning, particularly relating to cycling.
Develop, manage, and implement projects related to transport infrastructure programs.
Cultivate strong, productive working relationships and partnerships.
Motivate and develop the diverse talents of your team.
Communicate and influence at a senior level with a range of stakeholders including industry and government bodies.
Then this position may be for you!
You can expect
· A competitive salary, and 11% employer contributed superannuation and salary sacrifice options.
· Flexible working arrangements including working from home and alternative locations.
· Exciting and challenging strategic projects that will shape the future of transport.
· A highly experienced and motivated team and support from senior level executive peers.
· The opportunity to fully use your expertise and develop your career within a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation.