Purchasing Officer - Melbourne
The GPI Group is privately owned and made up of eight Australian Companies, uniquely diversified with its origins dating back to the 1st of February 1978. At its inception was GPI Automotive Products. As part of diversification many other companies were founded and joined, forming The GPI Group.
The Group operates out of Melbourne with branches in Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Launceston and employs over 190 people in the following fields:
Automotive Refinishing Products
Sports, Health and Fitness Equipment
Bicycles and Accessories
Automotive Masking Tapes
Corporate Online Merchandising Systems
ABOUT THE ROLE
Research potential vendors
Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
Manage stock levels and purchase goods as needed.
Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
Review quality of purchased products.
Enter order details into internal databases.
Maintain updated records of products purchased and vendors.
Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analysis.
· 2-3 years of experience in a similar Purchasing role highly desirable.
· A background in Automotive refinishing consumables is advantageous.
· High proficiency in MS Excel and database systems
· Strong administration skills and close attention to detail.
· Strong commercial acumen, negotiation, and influencing skills