Customer Service - Melbourne
We have become a popular electric bike brand since our establishment in 2013. We sell electric bikes Australia-wide from our website www.leitner.com.au at lowest prices and customers appreciate our products and service so much, that they have rated us Australia's #1 electric bike brand on productreview.com.au. Your job is to keep the customer service at this 5 star level.
Job Description In this busy role in a small business you will be responsible for providing phone and email support for sales and after-sales technical product troubleshooting, as well as managing incoming website and phone orders (90% office-work using phone, computer, google chrome and google drive). You will also be required to be hands on and change parts on bikes to increase your product knowledge (10% of work load is hands on). You will be operating from an office location in Ferntree Gully and you will report to the Operations Manager. Training will be provided.
Two positions available:
Full time, 37.5 hours a week - 5 days a week
Part time, 22.5 to 30 hours a week - 3 to 4 days a week
Normal open hours: Mon to Fri 9am - 5 pm
The contract will be for two years with a 3-month probation period. Remuneration including super (pro rata): 45,000-55,000 per year for Customer Service representative. Equals approximately $20 - $25 per hour. Depending on experience.
Selection Criteria To be considered for this role you must have:
-intention to stay in the role long-term
-excellent computer skills: using gmail, google drive and google chrome, navigating through lots of windows and tabs, typing emails quickly, shortcuts (e.g. ctrl + c , ctrl + v, alt-tab),
- professional phone skills: answer phones in a professional manner, be in control of conversations - customer service experience (sales and technical support); care genuinely about customers and know how to deal with difficult customers
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task on computer, so that you can finish jobs accurately, even if you get interrupted.
- hands-on mechanical skills and technical knowledge of electric bicycles or similar products (change parts on electric bikes, test batteries)
- Ability to ride an ebike to test ride product when needed.
- ability to work independently, without supervision; self-motivation,
- Patience and willingness to work closely with the team to continuously improve and grow the business
-Must Have Full work rights: Australian citizen or permanent resident
-Police record check required
A typical work day
You will be in front of your computer with phone headset, send emails and do phone calls, manage orders and access parts and bike storage, inspect a bike closely to get some product knowledge and go to a nearby post office to post parts.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a detailed cover letter explaining:
- What date you can start and if the work hours suit you
- How long would you like to work in this role
- Which selection criteria you meet and why you think you're the ideal candidate
Note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only respond to people who we think are appropriate for the role.